Enjoy an unique experience on the highest volcano in Europe.
With off-road vehicles, we offer you the chance to:
- Travel across many different areas, visiting various small villages sitting at the foot of the mountain
- Visit the famous Alcantara Gorges, the natural canyon with high walls of columnar basalt protected by the Alcantara River Park Authority
- Pass through quarries where the extraction of lava rock takes place
- Admire the striking panoramic view of the "valley of the bove"
- Go trekking across inactive volcanic cones (Mount Sartorius, 1.800m above sea level)
- Visit Piano Provenzana to see the most recent significant lava flow of 2002 close-up
- Enter caves created by lava flow.
Have lunch or tasting local wines and unique Sicilian products is also planned for those who would like to have some regional delights during their day.
All cars are equipped with forward-facing seats.
The driver and the English translation are included. The price does not include lunch or wine tasting.
Guests are collected in Residence Villa Giardini with Jeep at about 9.30 am and return to the Residence Villa Giardini at around 4,00 / 5,00 pm.
Period of tours:
- 1 person €80,00
- up to 6 people with 1 JEEP € 350.00